Business Tax Relief
Each state has a different tax code, which also differ from the IRS. Many states have multiple taxing authorities for different types of tax, such as unemployment, sales, use, and income. Another way that many states differ from the IRS is that they can be even more aggressive with enforced tax collections.
If you have a state tax issue, from unfiled tax returns to a bank levies or wage garnishments, seeking professional advice from a licensed Enrolled Agent or other tax licensed tax relief professional is a wise first step to formulating your plan. Tax negotiations are a very bad "do it yourself" project. Penalties and interest can rack up faster than a bad credit card.
Our licensed tax professionals specialize in negotiating favorable terms with IRS, while allowing our clients to focus on the their own priorities.
Common IRS Tax Types and Issues
We deal with a wide range of IRS tax types and issues:
- 940 and 941 Payroll
- 1040 Personal Taxes for sole proprietorships and single member LLCs
- 1058, CP 90, CP 91, and CP 504 Levy Enforcements
- Accounts Receivable Levies
- 1099 and worker classification issues
- Civil Penalties for Trust Fund
- Unfiled Tax Returns
- SFR - Substitution for Return (essentially the IRS files for you)
- Seizure of IRS or state tax refunds
- Tax Liens
- Conflicts with Revenue Officer
Common State Tax Types and Issues
We deal with a wide range of State tax types and issues:
- Withholding taxes and missing returns
- Personal income taxes for sole proprietorships and single member LLCs
- Bank levies
- Accounts Receivable levies
- Wage garnishments
- Unemployment taxes and missing returns
- Workers compensation
- Use taxes
- Franchise taxes
- Tax lien issues
- Liquor Licenses and Taxes
Priority One: Protecting your Business from Aggressive Enforced Collections
Business Tax Relief Options
- Installment Agreements:
- Most of our clients can't pay all of their back taxes in the time frame or amounts that the state is demanding. We will get you the terms that you want, not that the state is offering.
- Levy Reversals:
- Everyday the IRS literally takes money out of business's bank accounts, often crippling their ability to operate. And everyday we are helping keep business open by halting or reversing levies.
- Tax Liens:
- When the IRS or state files a tax lien on your business it's a matter of public record, and that can be bad for business. By getting ahead of the tax issue, we can often prevent tax liens. We may have a tax lien removed for business property transactions as well.
- Offer in Compromise:
- If you have closed or decide to close your business, you may qualify for the IRS's Offer in Compromise, the "Pennies on the Dollar" settlement. The paperwork is always difficult and the state will not do you any favors in the process. That said, we have gotten many for our clients, with some savings in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- The closure of a corporate entity sometimes makes the most sense, saving you substantial amounts of money.
- Corporate Formation:
- Starting a new corporation with a new tax ID number, new identity, and a fresh start may make sense.
We strive to save our clients money and time, while alleviating stress. Just as there are many different tax related problems, there are many options for tax resolution. Call us at 888-589-0955 for a free consultation. In a few minutes we will help you to better assess what options are best for your unique situation.